Interested??What are u waiting for?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hana Kimi or To The Beautiful You?


I’ve watched the 2007 Japanese version of Hana Kimi like 3 years ago and this time they brought out To The Beautiful You, Korean version remake of Hana Kimi. Since I watched To The Beautiful You, I watched Hana Kimi again and of course people will compare right? So, here’s my OWN PERSONAL OPINION of both dramas so if you’re not agree, then I can’t help it.

HANA KIMI
Undoubtedly, I love Hana Kimi so much more! It may not advance or ‘secanggih’ TTBY (I mean a bigger dorm, hp canggih, set mahal blah blah blah) but Hana Kimi gave me more impact compare to TTBY. I love all the bromance-y and friendship-y in Hana Kimi. It has a lot of element, love, friendship, humor, moral values and so much more in a hilarious way. It’s sort of crazy, yes, and doesn’t make sense too but that’s what makes it funny. They fight like all the time (in a funny way of course), but hurriedly make up again and unite with each other when their friends got into trouble. They have a lot of event and festivals, and almost every event that they do looks happy and crazy. But even if it looks crazy, it has their own meaning and moral values that they wanted to imply by doing all that. All 3 dorm sure wanted victory, but at the end it doesn’t matter who win or lose.

AND I AM LOVING NAKATSU OMG *SQUEAL*. He is so darn funny with his ‘im-not-homo’ dance and “I-think-I-may-be-gay-no-I-can’t-but-imma-chase-after-him-anyway” LOLOLOLOL. Ikuta Toma portrayal of Nakatsu is amazing. He brings a lot of laugh and so do the other boys in the dorms. ^_^ And I also love this because Hiro Mizushima (Nanba-senpai) is in this drama and I adore him!!

Watching their friendship and all that gives you a heartwarming feeling, and it feels like you wanted to be in high school again. Of course, you can’t really feel all that in TTBY, as TTBY focusing more on their glamorous life and love line, no school event, festival and so on.  Sulli’s acting is kinda okay, but her character sucks. She’s too dumb, and focuses too much at Tae Joon. While Ashiya and Sano both love and took care of Nakatsu when he got problems.  And Nakatsu was EPIC I tell you. Eun Gyeol is awesome in his own way but still can’t beat Nakatsu epicness. Trust me, you CANNOT watch Hana Kimi without laughing even once, except you’re not fond of Japanese drama, didn’t like the actor, you love Korean drama so much, or simply because you’re an heartless creature.

TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU
As you know, this is the Korean version remake of Hana Kimi. I won’t say it is the worst cos I’ve watched some movie that much worse than this. But, honestly speaking it sucks and not really up to my expectation. I don’t really like the meter of seriousness it gives me giving that the fact this is adaptation from a manga. It’s kinda confusing and Minho is not a good actor to begin with. I don’t really like his expression. Okay okay, I won’t blame him for his expression, but what the heck with the script? I’ve watch a lot of drama and the crappy one won’t satisfied me anymore. The script is pretty much confusing.

The most obvious example is the scene where they are at the beach. Minho supposedly didn’t know yet that Jae Hee is a girl, but he acted like he already knows everything. Block her from water splash on the road, giving her a cloth to cover her bare shoulder, worry about her when the pervert uncle touch her, and save her from being rape by that perv. I mean, a normal guy won’t even care about all that in front of another GUY friend, let alone thinking that he’s gonna be rape by some other man. It doesn’t make sense at all.

Compare to TTBY, in Hana Kimi, Sano acted normal when Ashiya came, which is what a normal guy suppose to act in front of the same sex friend. He doesn’t hate Ashiya without a solid reason, he just acted a lil bit cold like he acted in front of anybody else. Even when he knows Ashiya is a girl, it’s not obviously shown. He acted like a good friend, and help Ashiya cover her identity without being so obvious.  Besides that, even he knew Nakatsu like Ashiya, he didn’t hate Nakatsu, and still care for his friend.
And for me, Goo Jae Hee reason to enroll into all boys high school doesn’t really strong IMHO. It’s more like a stalker for me. Idolize someone and chase him at his school. At least Hana Kimi came up with quite a ‘make sense’ reason, she’s feeling guilty because Sano stopped high jump because of his injury while saving her from thugs.

A lot of things are missing from Hana Kimi, for e.x:
1. The competition between 3 dorm. And where the hell is Oscar??
2. Heartwarming friendship and bromance.
3. Humour.
4. The guy who read aura.
5. More, more and more.

Actually, there’s a lot to argue between both of the drama but to list all that will take a lot of time so this is what I can write out for now. It doesn’t matter what I said, you have to watch it to understand what I mean about those two drama. Well, both dramas have its own storyline but again, I love Hana Kimi. So much that I can even laugh out loud after watching it again and again. But then, it depends on your own preference.

6 comments:

  1. Just to let u know epa, this is not minho's first drama..he act in several drama previously like salamander guru (to name a few)..

    overall review, good..(though I still not yet started watching hanakimi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I felt something is not right! Minho acted in several drama before..Salamander guru, The Pianist ke ape ntah nama tuh..lupa sbb belum pernah tgk drama dia sblm ni i guess..thx for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ye..haritu aku cakap Sano tau Ashiya pompuan sbb dia jumpa 'ladies stuff' dlm laci kan..actually bukan..aku pon tak ingat sgt masa tu sbb lama dh tak tengok..sebab dia tau tu sama mcm korean version pny, dia terdengar conversation Jae Hee and abang dia.Sorry wrong info...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to the beautiful you. it's good even though it's weird at the same time. It has its own storyline as a "romance drama". but I prefer jae hee with her "oppa" from the states instead of tae-joon. :) he looks like a child to me. lol. but still it's a good drama as a "new drama" but as another remake for hana kimi? I don't like it! Too much focus on 3 character and too weird to see tae-joon come up as the hero all the time. the reason she came for tae-joon is forgiven even though it wasn't strong enough to make a girl transfer to the boy school. and it really lack of character. Where are the others? I missed the dorm competition and the feeling of being high school students which full of ambitions, high temper and friendship! Japanese 2007 version of hana kimi is the best for me. even the japanese remake is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you said here!!! And you know whats most saddening for me? They actually made Seol Hana a b!tch, with no good sides ( well atleast until the ep where she had her total breakdown) to show, while in the Jap version, Hibari 4 is hillarious, and shes just cute. Im so disappointed cause Hibari is my fav character in Hana Kimi ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your opinion is hilarious.
    I like J-drama and since the setting is Japan in original, I lean to it more. The original the better.
    I haven't watched the Korean vers yet but soon I will. Despite the feeling that I also do not like Minho so much, your review to the Korean vers' script bother me.
    Because, as far as you've pointed out, the Korean vers is quite faithful to the manga vers.
    So... Have you actually read the manga?
    Because Ashiya is indeed impulsively enter all-boy school just to be close to his idol, in order to be-friend him. Stalker maybe, and it's not love yet.
    And Sano indeed protect him like that, not with really serious face or something, nonchalantly but serious, yes. Because he knew Ashiya is a girl beforehand and thus trying to protect him because Ashiya is so dense to her circumstances.
    It's actually follow closely with the original vers, the manga.
    So...
    I've just want to point that out. Good opinion, tbh.

    ReplyDelete